Man arrested in Administer Noxious Thing investigation,
Niki Shakeri, 32
Broadcast time: 14:20
Thursday, September 10, 2020
Case #: 2020-1685392
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in an Administer Noxious Thing investigation.
In the morning of Sunday, September 6, 2020, officers responded to a call for an incident that occurred the night before in the Adelaide Street and John Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a 24-year-old woman met a man from a dating app
- they agreed to meet at a bar in the downtown core
- at one point in the evening the woman got up to use the washroom
- while she was away, the man slipped an unknown substance into her drink
- the 24-year-old woman was cautioned by other patrons not to consume the drink
On Wednesday, September 9, 2020, Niki Shakeri, 32, of Toronto, surrendered to police. He is charged with:
1) Mischief - Tamper with Property
2) Administer Noxious Thing
He will appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, October 15, 2020, at 10 a.m., in room 111.
This is an on-going investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Chris Hominuk, 52 Division