Man Arrested for Retail Robbery,
Queen Street West and Yonge Street area,
Dwayne Webb, 31
Broadcast time: 13:30
Monday, September 14, 2020
Case #: 2020-1733878
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made for a retail robbery that occurred on Sunday, September 13, 2020 in the Queen Street West and Yonge Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the store and proceeded to the handbag section
- upon request a clerk took out a number of high-end bags for the suspect to look at
- the suspect claimed he would need some time to think about the purchase and left, only to return and load the merchandise into a bag
- the clerk attempted to stop the man but was assaulted
- the man attempted to leave the store but was confronted by two loss prevention officers
- the suspect proceeded to assault one of the officers and then produced a can of pepper spray which he used to spray both officers
- despite the assault, the two loss prevention officers were able to hold the man until police arrived and took him into custody without further incident
Dwayne Webb, 31, of Toronto was arrested and has been charged with:
2. Assault Causing Bodily Harm
4. Two counts of Administer Noxious Thing With Intent
He was scheduled to appear at court on Monday, September 14, 2020 at 10 a.m. at Old City Hall Court, in Room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad