Man arrested for Retail Robbery,
Dufferin Street and Yorkdale Street area,
Jayden Radix Clarke, 18
Broadcast time: 12:00
Monday, September 14, 2020
Case #: 2020-1706707
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in relation to a retail robbery in the Dufferin Street and Yorkdale Street area.
It is alleged that:
- on Wednesday, September 9, 2020, a man entered the store, approached the counter and requested to try on a watch
- when the clerk requested the item back the man clutched it in his hand and refused to return it
- he made an attempt to leave the store but the clerk locked the door
- he picked up a table, threatened the clerk and demanded to be let out
- the clerk unlocked the door and the man left the store with the merchandise
Through further investigation the identity of the man was obtained and after a short vehicle pursuit he was arrested on Saturday, September 12, 2020.
Jayden Radix Clarke, 18, of Toronto, was charged with:
2. Possession Of Property Obtained By Crime Over $5000
3. Fail To Stop For Police/Pursuit
4. Dangerous Operation
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Sunday, September 13, 2020, 10 a.m., room 111.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up