Personal Injury Collision #29/2020 now Fatal #23/2020,
Birchmount Road at Cass Avenue
Broadcast time: 11:00
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Case #: 2020-1673785
On Friday, September 4, 2020 at 3:43 p.m, police responded to a call for a personal injury collision that occurred at the intersection of Birchmount Road at Cass Avenue, in Toronto.
It is reported that:
- a 34-year-old man was riding a Kawasaki motorcycle south on Birchmount Road approaching Cass Avenue
- at the same time a 26-year-old woman, driving a black Jeep, was travelling north on Birchmount Road and turned left onto Cass Avenue
- the driver of the Jeep turned in front of the driver of the motorcycle and both collided
- the driver of the motorcycle was seriously injured and taken to a local hospital with life-threatening injuries.
- the driver of the motorcycle succumbed to his injuries 11 days later
The investigation remains ongoing and officers continue to encourage anyone with any information to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Sergeant Murray Campbell for Detective Brett Moore, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services