Drug Investigation leads to discovery of World War 2 medals,
Broadcast time: 19:51
Friday, September 25, 2020
Case #: 2020-1720415
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating the owner of World War 2 medals.
It is reported that:
- officers from 51 Division, Major Crime Unit, were conducting a drug investigation on September 11, 2020
- during the investigation, World War 2 medals were located that did not belong to the person they were investigating
The Toronto Police Service is asking for the public's assistance locating the owner of the medals. They are described as:
- 1939-1945 Star
- Burma Campaign Star
- France and Germany Campaign Star
- Italy Campaign Star
- 1939-1945 Voluntary Service Medal
- 1939-1945 War Medal (Merchant Marines)
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Paul Walker, 51 Division