Man charged in Fraud investigation,
Ajay Aery, 28,
Police believe there may be more victims
Broadcast time: 20:00
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Case #: 2020-1893803
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a fraud investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between March 2017 and December 2017
- a man attended a restaurant on four separate occasions and purchased a quantity of food and alcohol
- he then texted the server a credit card number for the payment
- the credit card was fraudulently obtained
It is further alleged that:
- between June 2019 and February 2020
- a man, 40, wanted to purchase basketball playoff tickets
- he arranged to purchase 11 tickets with a value of $15,400
- he e-transferred the money but never received the tickets or his money back
On Monday, October 5, 2020, officers executed a Warrant at a Toronto residence and arrested one man.
Ajay Aery, 28, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. Fraud Over $5000
2. Fraudulently Obtain Food
3. Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Data
4. Fraudulently Obtain Food
5. Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Data
6. Fraud Under $5,000
7. Unauthorized Use of Credit Card Data
8. Fraudulently Obtain Food
He will appear at Old City Hall on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
An image of him has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable George Jiri, 52 Division