Police seek public assistance in locating missing dog in a carjacking,
Bhupinder Singh, 33
Broadcast time: 09:30
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Case #: 2020-1901899
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an on-going carjacking investigation.
On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at approximately 1 a.m., a white 2013 Mercedes-Benz was stolen in the area of Victoria Park Avenue and Ellesmere Road.
It is reported that:
- the owner's dog was inside of the vehicle at the time it was taken
- the vehicle was located and a man was arrested in the Victoria Park Avenue and Eglinton Avenue area
- it is believed the dog was let out of the vehicle somewhere in the area
- there is possibly another person involved in this carjacking
The dog is a large white and fluffy 19-month-old Samoyed. His name is Sammy and he is around 60-70 lbs. He was last seen wearing a grey harness and is microchipped.
On Wednesday, October 7, 2020, Bhupinder Singh, 33, of no fixed address, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Robbery with Violence
2. Theft Not Exceeding $5000
3. Dangerous Operation
4. Fail to Stop for Police
5. two counts of Mischief Not Exceeding $5000
6. Wilfully Cause Unnecessary Pain/Suffering to an Animal
7. seven counts of Posses Property Obtained by Crime Exceeding $5000
He is to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue on Wednesday, October 7, 2020, at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Jaime Kerr, 41 Division