Personal Injury Collision #35/2020,
McCowan Road at Big Red Avenue
Broadcast time: 09:10
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
Case #: 2020-1940250
On Monday, October 12, 2020, at 10:54 p.m., police responded to a call for a personal injury collision that occurred on McCowan Road near Big Red Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a man, 20, was driving a white 2008 Mercedes south on McCowan Road and approached traffic ahead. There were three other passengers in the vehicle at the time – two women aged 21 and 25, and a 23-year-old man
- the driver accelerated to pass the traffic ahead and lost control of the vehicle
- the vehicle mounted the west curb of McCowan Road and struck a tree
- there was significant damage and all four occupants had to be extricated from the vehicle by Toronto Fire Service
- all four occupants were taken to local hospitals with varying degrees of injury. The 20-year-old driver suffered life-threatening injuries.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Detective Brett Moore, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services