Man arrested for Home Invasion Robbery,
Two people outstanding,
Woman wanted and a second man to be identified
Broadcast time: 14:00
Date: Friday, November 6, 2020
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-1485233
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in relation to a home invasion robbery.
On Sunday, August 9, 2020 police began an robbery investigation in the Warden Avenue and Ellesmere Road area
It is alleged that:
- two men approached the victim’s glass sliding door and began banging on it and demanding entry
- the victim opened the door and one of the men pulled a knife, threatening to cut the victim if they did not hand over money
- the victim quickly closed the glass door but the two men smashed through the glass
- the victim ran from the room fearing for their safety
- when the victim returned it was discovered that a quantity of cash was taken from their wallet
Through investigation it was determined that three people were responsible. Hold Up Squad investigators were able to identify a man and a woman. A warrant was issued for their arrests.
On Thursday, November 5, 2020 Luca Dilauro, 42, of Toronto, turned himself in to police.
He has been charged with:
2. Break and Enter Commit
3. Utter Threats
4. Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence
Melody Bishop, 25, of Toronto, is wanted for:
1. Conspiracy to Commit an Indictable Offence
She is described as 5'10", 130 lbs., with brown hair. Her image has been released.
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad is requesting the public's assistance in identifying a second man involved.
He is described as black, approximately 5’8”, 20-30 years old, with a thin build.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up