Personal Injury Collision #42/2020,
Islington Avenue and Dundas Street West
Broadcast time: 21:15
Date: Sunday, December 20, 2020
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2020-2390427
On Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 3:05 a.m., police responded to a single vehicle collision that occurred at Islington Avenue and Dundas Street West.
It is reported that:
- an 18-year-old-man was driving a 2009 Honda Civic northbound on Islington Avenue in the curb lane when he proceeded through a red light at Dundas Street West
- the driver swerved to avoid another vehicle in the intersection, lost control and struck the northeast curb, overturning the vehicle onto its roof
- the three adult men inside the vehicle were transported to hospital
- the rear passenger sustained life-threatening injuries
- the driver and front seat passenger sustained non-life threatening injuries
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, businesses and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Sameer Patil, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services