Man Arrested for five Retail Robberies,
Downtown Toronto area,
Jessie Farr, 24
Broadcast time: 16:30
Date: Monday, December 21, 2020
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-221807
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of a man arrested in relation to five retail robberies that occurred in Toronto.
Between Friday, January 31, 2020 and Thursday, February 12, 2020, five retail store robberies were committed in the downtown Toronto area.
It is alleged that:
- in each incident, a lone man would enter a store and spend time walking around pretending to shop
- he would then take items off the shelves
- when confronted, the man would pull out either a knife or a syringe and threatened employees with it
- he would then flee the scene on foot with the stolen items
Hold Up Squad investigators were able to identify a man.
On Friday, December 18, 2020, Jessie Farr, 24, Bruce County, was arrested.
He is facing the following 32 charges:
1. six counts of Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2. six counts of Possession of Weapon
3. six counts of Carry Concealed Weapon
4. three counts of Utter Threats
5. four counts of Assault With Intent to Resist Arrest
6. seven counts of Fail to Comply Probation
He appeared in court on Saturday, December 19, 2020, at 10 a.m., at 60 Queen Street West Court, Room 112
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up