Man Arrested for two Retail Robberies and a Break & Enter,
Ellesmere Road and Markham Road area,
Clary Scott Galbraith, 35
Broadcast time: 10:50
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-2390199
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad have arrested a man in relation to two retail robberies and a break and enter investigation.
Between Tuesday, December 15, 2020 and Sunday, December 20, 2020, two retail store robberies and a break and enter were committed in the Ellesmere Road and Markham Road area.
It is alleged that:
- in each robbery incident, a lone man entered the store and immediately approached the service counter
- he indicated that he had a gun and made a demand for cash
- the man took the cash before fleeing the scene on foot
- in the break and enter incident, the man smashed the front glass door to gain entry to the store
- once inside, he took cash before fleeing the scene on foot
With the assistance of the 43 Division Field Intelligence Officer and 43 Major Crime Unit, Hold Up Squad investigators were able to identify a man.
On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, Clary Scott Galbraith, 35, of Toronto was arrested. He is facing the following eight charges:
1. three counts of Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2. three counts of Disguise With Intent
3. one count of Uttering Threats
4. one count of Break & Enter Commit
He was scheduled to attend court on Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 10 a.m., at Toronto East Court, 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, Room 412
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up