Man Arrested for two Retail Robberies,
Ellesmere Road and McCowan Road area,
Aaron Michael McGee, 39
Broadcast time: 11:30
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-2402238
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad is advising the public of an arrest in relation to two retail robberies that occurred in Toronto.
On Tuesday, December 22, 2020, two retail store robberies were committed in the Ellesmere Road and McCowan Road area.
It is alleged that:
- a lone man entered the first store with a mask on and his hood over his head in an attempt to conceal his identity
- he approached the service counter and pulled out a knife while making a demand for cash
- unable to get any property, he fled the store empty-handed
- the man ran to the second store and entered it while waving the knife around and making demands
- he indicated he had a gun and threatened to shoot the employee
- again, unable to get any property, he fled the store empty-handed
43 Division offices arrived on scene and quickly located a man.
Aaron Michael McGee, 39, of Toronto was arrested. He is facing the following six charges:
1. two counts of Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2. two counts of Disguise With Intent
3. one count of Uttering Threats
4. one count of Possession of a Weapon
He appeared in court for a Bail Hearing on Tuesday, December 22, 2020, at 10 a.m., at Toronto East Court, 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, Room 412
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up