Man Arrested in Retail Robbery,
One Suspect Still Outstanding,
Keele Street and Dundas Street West area,
Kevin Errol Plummer, 45
Broadcast time: 13:00
Date: Monday, January 4, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-2311429
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a retail robbery investigation.
On Monday, December 7, 2020, a retail store robbery was committed in the Keele Street and Dundas Street West area.
It is alleged that:
- two men entered a store and began taking meat products and placing them into a suitcase they brought with them
- an employee confronted the men as they tried to leave the store
- one man pulled out a knife and waved it around while making threats
- the men then exited the store and fled in a vehicle they hired through a ride sharing app
Hold Up Squad investigators were able to determine the identity of one of the men.
It is further alleged that:
- investigation of the identified man revealed that he was involved in multiple previous retail store thefts
On Thursday, December 31, 2020, Kevin Errol Plummer, 45, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1. Robbery With Offensive Weapon
2. Disguise With Intent
3. thirteen counts of Theft Under
4. eleven counts of Fail to Comply Probation
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Friday, January 1, 2021, at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold-Up Squad