Man Wanted in Shooting Investigation,
Eglinton Avenue East and Mason Road,
Iverson Thomas, 18,
Broadcast time: 14:10
Date: Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Unit: Integrated Gun & Gang Task Force
Case #: 2021-945
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a man wanted in a shooting investigation.
On Friday, January 1, 2021, at approximately 3:20 a.m., police responded to a shooting in the Eglinton Avenue East and Mason Road area.
It is alleged that:
- an 18-year-old man got into an altercation in a residence
- during the altercation the 18-year-old man discharged a firearm into the ceiling, and again outside
- the 18-year-old man then left the area before police arrived on scene
Iverson Thomas, 18, of no fixed address, is wanted for the following seven charges:
1. Carry Concealed Weapon
2. Possess Restricted or Prohibited Firearm Without Holding a Licence and Registration Certificate
3. two counts of Discharge Firearm Being Reckless as to the Life or Safety of Another
4. Possess Weapon, Etc./Dangerous to Public Peace
5. Possess Loaded Regulated Firearm
6. Mischief/Damage Property Not Exceeding $5000
He is described as 5’8, with a thin build, black cornrows, and wearing a black Moose Knuckles jacket with black fur trimmed hood.
See attached images.
Investigators from the Integrated Guns and Gang Task Force – Centralized Shooting Response Team advise that Iverson Thomas, 18, is known to frequent the Scarborough and Kingston areas.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2510, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Matthew Vukovic, Integrated Guns and Gang Task Force – Centralized Shooting Response Team