Man Arrested for Retail Robbery,
King Street West and Dufferin Street area,
Allan Bulkowski, 56
Broadcast time: 14:45
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-32092
The Toronto Police Service's Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a robbery investigation.
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at approximately 9:55 a.m., police commenced an investigation into a retail robbery in the King Street West and Dufferin Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered a store and went directly behind the counter
- he claimed he had a gun, made threats to the victim and demanded cash from the register
- the man then began to punch and slap the victim, knocking her to the ground
- the man was unable to open the register and fled the store empty-handed
Through investigation, officers were able to trace a man back to a residence where he was located and arrested without incident.
Allan Bulkowski, 56, of Toronto, is facing the following three charges:
1. Robbery/Assault with intent to Steal
2. Disguise with Intent
He was scheduled to appear in court on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 10 a.m., at Old City Hall Court, 60 Queen Street West, room 101
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up