Man Arrested for restaurant robbery,
Yonge Street and Ellerslie Avenue area,
Jermaine Archibald, 32
Broadcast time: 15:00
Date: Thursday, January 7, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-37414
The Toronto Police Service's Hold Up Squad is informing the public of an arrest in a robbery investigation.
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at approximately 2:39 a.m., police responded to a robbery in the Yonge Street and Ellerslie Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered a restaurant and rushed behind the counter
- he assaulted the employee and grabbed cash from the register
- he was confronted by a second person when a struggle took place
- the man pushed the second person out of the way and attempted to flee
Officers arrested man at the scene.
It is further alleged that:
- as the man was being processed at the police station he became enraged
- he attempted to disarm the arresting officer and made threats
Jermaine Archibald, 32, of no fixed address, is facing the following six charges:
1. Robbery with Violence
2. Possession of Proceeds of Crime Under $5000
3. Fail to Comply Probation
4. Assault Peace Officer
5. Attempt Disarm Peace Officer
6. Threaten Death
He was scheduled to appear at court on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at 10 a.m., at Toronto North Court, 1000 Finch Avenue West, room 306.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up