Man facing nine firearm related charges,
Shotgun and ammunition seized
Broadcast time: 16:41
Date: Friday, January 8, 2021
Unit: 41 Division
Case #: 2021-39661
The Toronto Police Service has laid multiple charges as part of a firearms investigation.
On Thursday, January 7, 2021, at approximately 10:30 a.m., police responded to a medical call at a home in the Eglinton Avenue East and Brimley Road area.
Police and paramedics attended and a man was transported to hospital.
Later that morning police were contacted again to return to the address after concerns were raised about property discovered.
Police returned and seized a sawed-off shotgun plus ammunition.
A search warrant was obtained and it is alleged that further weapons were seized.
Brandon William Van Dinther, 21, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm 91(1)
2. Careless Storage of Firearm 86(1)
3. Possession of Prohibited or Restricted Firearm with Ammunition 95(1)
4. Possession of Firearm or Prohibited Restricted Weapon Obtained by Crime 96(1)
5. Possession of Firearm Knowing Serial Number has been Tampered 108(1)(b)
6. four counts of Possess Weapon Dangerous to Public Peace 88(1)
He is scheduled for court on Saturday, January 9, 2021, at Old City Hall.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Constable Simbert Charles, 41 Division