Woman for Identification in Robbery Investigation,
Dundas Street West and Dufferin Street area,
Broadcast time: 11:30
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2021
Unit: 14 Division
Case #: 2020-2415437
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying a woman in a robbery investigation.
On Thursday, December 24 2020, at approximately 8:21 a.m., police commenced a robbery investigation in the Dundas Street West and Dufferin Street area.
It is reported that:
- the victim was riding alone on board the east bound 505 Dundas West streetcar
- the streetcar stopped at the intersection of Dundas Street West and Dufferin Street when a woman approached and grasped the victim’s belongings
- during the struggle the woman assaulted the victim and was unsuccessful in obtaining her belongings
- the suspect retreated to the back of the streetcar
- the victim reported the assault to police after exiting the streetcar
The woman is described as being late 20s to mid 30s, medium build, wearing a black and white patterned toque, a black and white patterned scarf, a red sweater, black jeans with multiple horizontal tears along the legs, a gold sneaker on her right foot and a black sneaker on her left foot, and wrapped in a distinct blue and white Santa Claus fleece blanket.
Images have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Nelson Pena, 14 Division