Man Arrested for two Retail Robberies,
Overlea Boulevard and Thorncliffe Park Drive area,
Andre Gignac, 30
Broadcast time: 15:00
Date: Monday, February 8, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-229890
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest in two retail robbery investigations.
On Friday, February 8, 2021, officers responded to a robbery in the Overlea Boulevard and Thorncliffe Park Drive area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered a store and approached the counter
- the man made demands for cash and threatened to kill the clerk
- the clerk ran from the store while the man attempted to open the register
- the man was unsuccessful and fled the store empty handed
It is further alleged that:
- later in the day, the man returned to the store and forced his way behind the counter
- the man shoved the clerk and began taking cigarettes from the display case
- the clerk ran from the store
- the man chased the clerk and assaulted her
- the man then fled to a vehicle
Through investigation officers were able to identify a man. Andre Gignac, 30, of Toronto was arrested. He is charged with:
1. two counts of Robbery
2. two counts of Fail to Comply with Release Order
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Saturday, February 6, 2021 at 10 a.m., in room 112.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Inspector Lauren Pogue, Hold Up Squad