Suspect for identification in an assault,
Beverley Street and Cecil Street,
Image and video released
Broadcast time: 16:30
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021
Unit: 52 Division
Case #: 2020-2403272
The Toronto Police Service is seeking the public's assistance in an assault investigation.
On Tuesday, December 22, 2020 at 10:16 a.m., police responded to a assault at Beverley Street and Cecil Street area.
It was reported:
- a 76-year-old woman, the victim, was jogging southbound on Beverly Street.
- a man riding a bicycle on the sidewalk northbound on Beverly Street narrowly missed her
- the victim continued southbound on Beverly Street and the suspect on the bicycle did a doubled-back and approached the victim from behind
- the suspect struck then victim with such force her body was thrown into the street
- the suspect approached the woman and kicked the victim in the head
- the suspect then fled westbound on Cecil Street
- the victim sustained substantial injuries as a result of the assault
The man is described as black, 25-30 years, 5'8" - 5'10", black hair with a muscular build
He was last seen wearing a black surgical mask, tight black pants, black windbreaker jacket with the hood pulled up and a flap over closure near the mouth.
He was last seen carrying an extra large backpack on his back, riding a bicycle with a black and white frame which may have a had a fender attached.
Video of incident provided here.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Edward Parks, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Jennifer Young, 52 Division