Arrest made in Firearms Investigation,
Bathurst Street and Front Street area,
Calvin Cesar, 30
Broadcast time: 09:00
Date: Friday, February 19, 2021
Unit: 14 Division
Case #: 2021-311066
The Toronto Police Service has made an arrest as part of a firearm investigation.
On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 14 Division Major Crime officers entered into an investigation.
It is alleged:
- as a result of the investigation, a man was arrested on Thursday, February 18, 2021 in the Bathurst Street and Front Street area
- officers located a loaded Glock model 19 semi-automatic pistol, with one round in the chamber and 14 9mm rounds in the magazine
- a quantity of cocaine and cash was also seized
Calvin Cesar, 30, of Sainte-Julie, Quebec, has been charged with:
1. Operation while prohibited
2. Unauthorized possession of a firearm
3. Possess firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
4. Possession of a weapon
5. Unauthorized possession of a restricted weapon
6. Store firearm carelessly
7. Store ammunition carelessly
8. Possess loaded restricted firearm
9. Possess prohibited device
10. Four counts of Possess firearm while prohibited
11. Occupy motor vehicle with a firearm
12. Possession of schedule I substance (cocaine)
13. Possession of proceeds of crime
14. Possess firearm with altered serial number
15. Fail to Comply Probation
16. Fail To Comply Release order
He will appear in court on Friday, February 19, 2021, 10am at Old City Hall, room 101.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division, Major Crime Unit