Young person arrested in stabbing investigation,
Bloor Street West and Bay Street area
Broadcast time: 14:10
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021
Unit: 53 Division
Case #: 2021-542997
The Toronto Police Service’s 53 Division have made an arrest in a recent stabbing investigation.
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at approximately 3:32 p.m., police responded to a stabbing in the Bloor Street West and Bay Street area.
It is alleged that:
- a teenage boy was stabbed by another teenage boy after a brief conversation
- the victim was transported to hospital and treated for non life-threatening stab wounds to his torso and leg
- officers from both 53 Division and 52 Division assisted with the scene and canvassing for information
A boy was located and arrested a short time later.
A 14-year-old boy, of Toronto, is now facing the following four charges:
1. Assault with a Weapon
2. Possession of weapon etc. dangerous to the public
3. two counts of Carry Concealed Weapon
They are scheduled to attend court on Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 9 a.m., at 311
Jarvis Street, Room 1.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Michelle Flannery, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant Scott Bradbury, 53 Division