Six people arrested for a series of Retail Robberies,
Toronto, Peel, York, Burlington and New Tecumseth areas,
Man arrested, boy outstanding
Broadcast time: 15:00
Date: Thursday, March 25, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2020-2094088
On Friday, March 12, 2021, the Toronto Police Service issued a news release regarding six arrests that were made as part of a Hold Up Squad-led investigation into eight robberies across Toronto, Peel, York, Halton and Alliston.
It is alleged that:
- between Wednesday, November 4, 2020 and Tuesday, March 9, 2021, a group of males coordinated robberies involving cell phone stores, pharmacies, and retail stores in the Greater Toronto Area
- they used numerous stolen vehicles to travel to and from locations
- they would enter the target locations and use threats, violence and weapons to take over employees
- they would then load up on merchandise and cash before fleeing in their getaway vehicle
The Toronto Police Hold Up Squad, with support from Peel, York, O.P.P. and Halton Police, were able to identify the suspects.
See previous release.
On Wednesday, March 24, 2021, Bobby Osagie, 18, of Toronto was arrested and charged with:
2. Conspiracy to Commit Indictable Offence
He appeared in court virtually at Toronto West Court – 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, at 10 a.m., room 206.
A boy, 17, of Toronto, is wanted as part of this large multi-jurisdictional investigation. He is wanted for:
1. two counts of Robbery with a Firearm
2. two counts of Disguise with Intent
3. two counts of Possession Over $5000
4. two counts of Fail to Comply Probation
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Shawn Getty, Hold Up