Man Arrested for three Retail Robberies,
Dupont Street and Davenport Road area,
Jeremy Gerard David, 38
Broadcast time: 13:00
Date: Friday, March 26, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-74826
The Toronto Police Service’s Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a retail robbery investigation.
Between Tuesday, January 12, 2021 and Wednesday, March 24, 2021, three retail store robberies were committed in the Dupont Street and Davenport Road area.
It is alleged that:
- in each robbery, a man entered the store with a mask on and his hood over his head in an attempt to conceal his identity
- the man approached the checkout counter and handed the employee a note that said he had a gun and demanding cash
- he took cash before fleeing the scene on foot
Members of the Hold Up Squad started an investigation and were able to identify a man.
It is further alleged that:
- the Hold Up Squad conducted a search warrant and located the man in possession of clothing worn during the robberies
On Thursday, March 25, 2021, Jeremy Gerard David, 38, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. three counts of Robbery
2. three counts of Disguise With Intent
He appeared in court virtually at College Park Court, 444 Yonge Street, on Thursday, March 25, 2021, at 10 a.m., room 507.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7350, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Shawn Getty