Man arrested in Luring and Child Pornography investigation,
Mahesh Bisesar, 40
Broadcast time: 11:40
Date: Monday, March 29, 2021
Unit: Sex Crimes
Case #: 2020-1396992
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a child pornography investigation.
On Thursday, March 4, 2021, members of the Toronto Police Service's Child Exploitation Section executed two search warrants in the Danforth Avenue and Woodbine Avenue area.
It is alleged that:
- a user contacted girls between the ages of 12 and 16 online for a sexual purpose
- online payments were made by the user in exchange for live viewings of child sexual abuse material
It is further alleged that:
- evidence of the offences was located at the time of the search warrant
- a quantity of child sexual abuse material has been located on devices seized from the residence
Mahesh Bisesar, 40, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1) Luring a Child
2) Make an Arrangement to commit the offence of Make Child Pornography
3) Make Child Pornography
4) Possession of Child Pornography
5) Access Child Pornography
He appeared in court virtually at Old City Hall, on Friday, March 5, 2021.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
Reporting can also be made at Canada’s National Tipline for Reporting the Online Sexual Exploitation of Children at www.cybertip.ca.
This project has been made possible by a grant from the Ministry of the Solicitor General.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Rebecca Sisk – Child Exploitation Section, for Acting Detective Sergeant Susan Burke, Sex Crimes