Police seek public's assistance in Assault Bodily Harm Investigation,
Finch Corridor Trail and Maxome Avenue area
Broadcast time: 15:50
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Unit: 32 Division
Case #: 2021-550513
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an ongoing assault cause bodily harm investigation.
On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 5 p.m., police received a radio call to attend the Finch Corridor Trail and Maxome Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- a man was cycling west bound along the Finch Corridor Trail when he struck a pedestrian walking along the path near Maxome Avenue
- the man continued westbound along the trail
- another person cycled up beside the man to alert him that he had struck a pedestrian
- the man grabbed the cyclist's handle bars and pushed him to the ground
- that cyclist fell and lost consciousness, sustained extensive injuries and is receiving ongoing medical treatment
Investigators would like to speak to the pedestrian that was struck and any other witnesses who were in the area at the time this occurred. Police are looking to the public to assist in identifying the suspect.
The suspect is described as having a white or light tanned complexion, approximately above 5'10", 150 lbs., thin build, with dark coloured hair and unshaven. He was wearing a grey short-sleeve shirt with green accents and a green or blue helmet. He was riding a silver or grey mountain bike possibly from the brand "Merida".
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Jennifer Taborski, 32 Division