Arrest made in robbery investigations,
Police concerned there may be other victims
Broadcast time: 13:25
Date: Thursday, April 1, 2021
Unit: 42 Division
Case #: 2021-585879
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a multiple robbery investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between November 2020 and March 2021, several mugging-style robberies occurred in the area of McLevin Avenue, Neilson Road, Morningside Avenue and Sheppard Avenue East
- the targeted victims were food and package delivery people, as well as individuals walking along streets or pathways in the area
- the suspect in a number of incidents was armed with a knife
- no one was seriously injured during the robberies
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021, a 16-year-old boy, of Toronto, was arrested. He was charged with:
1. four counts of Robbery with a Weapon
2. two counts of Robbery
3. Forcible Confinement
5. five counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
6. Use Credit Card Obtained by Crime
7. seven counts of Fail to Comply with Release Order
He is scheduled to appear in court at 1911 Eglinton Avenue East, on Tuesday, April 6, 2021.
Police are concerned there may be other victims and are appealing to them to come forward and speak to police.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.***
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Sarath Thayalan, 42 Division