Arrest made in Personal Injury Collision 42/2020,
Islington Avenue and Dundas Street West
Broadcast time: 20:15
Date: Tuesday, April 6, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2020-2390427
On Sunday, December 20, 2020, at 3:05 a.m., officers responded to a call for a single motor vehicle collision at Islington Avenue and Dundas Street West.
It is alleged that:
- a 19-year-old man was driving a 2009 Honda Civic north on Islington Avenue in the curb lane when he proceeded through a red light at Dundas Street West
- he swerved to avoid another vehicle in the intersection, lost control and struck the curb, overturning the vehicle onto its roof
- three occupants of the vehicle were transported to a trauma centre
- one of the occupants sustained life-threatening injuries
- the other two occupants sustained non-life threatening injuries
On Tuesday, April 6, 2021, Viktor Lipinski, 19, of Toronto, was arrested. He was charged with:
1. Two counts of Dangerous Operation Causing Bodily Harm
2. Two counts of Impaired Operation Causing Bodily Harm
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Wednesday, June 2, 2021, at 2 p.m., in room 202.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable David Hopkinson, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Samir Patil, Traffic Services