Man arrested in home invasion robbery investigation,
Yonge Street and St. Joseph Street area,
Justin Pilgrim, 32
Broadcast time: 10:30
Date: Thursday, April 8, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-640476
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a home invasion robbery investigation.
On Thursday, April 8, 2021, officers responded to a call for a home invasion robbery in the Yonge Street and St. Joseph Street area.
It is alleged:
- a man climbed a building’s fire escape ladder and approached the rear door of a residence
- the man forced open the rear door to gain entry
- the man entered the bedroom where a 57-year-old woman was sitting inside
- the man approached the woman and pointed a firearm
- they got into a scuffle as she tried to close the door and lock the man out
- another person living at the address showed up which caused the man to flee on foot
Officers from 52 Division quickly responded and located the man nearby.
It is further alleged that:
-at the time of arrest, the man was found in possession of an airsoft firearm and a quantity of methamphetamine
On Thursday, April 8, 2021, Justin Pilgrim, 32, of no fixed address, was arrested. He is facing the following nine charges:
2. Break and Enter
3. Use Imitation Firearm during Commission of Indictable Offence
4. Weapons Dangerous
5. Carrying Concealed Weapon
6. Possession of Schedule I Substance
7. Fail to Comply Release Order
8. two counts of Fail to Comply Probation
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, April 8, 2021, at 10 a.m., in room 103.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Shawn Getty, Hold-Up Squad