Fatal Collision #31/2021,
Harbour Street at York Street,
Broadcast time: 13:30
Date: Thursday, August 26, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1622645
The Toronto Police Service is informing the public of an arrest in a fatal collision investigation.
On Thursday, August 26, 2021, at approximately 3:30 a.m., police received a report of a pedestrian struck fail to remain collision at Harbour Street and York Street.
It is alleged that:
- an unidentified man was in the intersection of Harbour Street at York Street
- a 46-year-old man was driving a black Jeep eastbound on Harbour Street
- the Jeep struck the man leaving him with significant injuries
- the man succumbed to his injuries at the scene
- the Jeep was last seen eastbound on Harbour Street
- the vehicle was later located, abandoned, on Richardson Street
- the driver of the vehicle was identified and arrested
Sebastian Sapeta, 46, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Impaired Operation – Cause Death
2. Fail to Stop at Accident – Cause Death
He was scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Thursday, August 26, 2021.
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services. Police are interested in speaking to anyone who may have witnessed the collision as well as local residents, businesses or drivers who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Detective Graeme Philipson, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services