Sexual Assault Alert,
Man arrested in a Sexual Assault Investigation,
Ugester Prashad, 52
Broadcast time: 15:00
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2021
Unit: Sex Crimes
Case #: 2021-1428642
The Toronto Police Service would like to inform the public of an arrest made in a sexual assault investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between Saturday, June 1, 2019 to Tuesday, December 31, 2019, a man was employed as a caretaker by the Toronto Catholic District School Board (TCDSB), specifically at St. Maurice Catholic School located at 45 Kingsview Boulevard.
- between those dates, the man asked a girl - who was a student at the time - to engage in sexual activity with him
On Thursday, August 26, 2021, members of Sex Crimes from the Child & Youth Advocacy Centre arrested a man.
Ugester Prashad, 52, of Brampton, has been charged with:
1. two counts of Invitation to Sexual Touching
He is scheduled to appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West on Friday, October 22, 2021 at 2 p.m.
Ugester Prashad has been employed as a caretaker with the Toronto Catholic District School Board since 2002 and has worked at the following schools:
- St. Roch Catholic School -174 Duncanwoods Drive
- Dante Alighieri Academy- 60 Playfair Avenue
- Regina Mundi Catholic School - 70 Playfair Avenue
- St. Maurice Catholic School - 45 Kingsview Boulevard
This is an ongoing investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2922, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
The CYAC was opened in October 2013 and is comprised of specialized child abuse
investigators from the Toronto Police Service, in collaboration with members of the Catholic Children's Aid Society, the Children's Aid Society of Toronto, the Hospital for Sick Children's Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect Program (SCAN), Radius Child & Youth Services, and Boost Child & Youth Advocacy Centre.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Trish Barbero, Sex Crimes