Man Sought in Stabbing Investigation,
Dundas Street West Subway Station,
Broadcast time: 07:35
Date: Saturday, September 18, 2021
Unit: 11 Division
Case #: 2021-1788265
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance identifying a suspect in a stabbing investigation.
On Friday, September 17, 2021, at 10:56 p.m., police responded to a call for a stabbing at the Dundas Street West Subway Station.
It is reported that:
- a woman was on the westbound train
- the woman exited the train at the Dundas Street West Subway Station
- a man, not known to the woman, exited the train and stabbed her multiple times on the westbound platform
- the man fled the area and was last seen running southbound Dundas Street West towards Bloor Street West
- the woman was transported to hospital by medics and treated for non-life-threatening injuries
The man is described as being 5'5"to 5"10", with a slim build, and black hair in cornrows. He was wearing a black hooded sweater, black track pants, and red and white shoes.
Images have been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Christopher Bowry, 11 Division