Sexual Assault Alert,
Arrest Warrant Issued,
Peter Nygard, 80
Broadcast time: 09:26
Date: Friday, October 1, 2021
Unit: Sex Crimes
The Toronto Police Service is updating the public on an investigation into multiple historic sexual assaults.
On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, members of the Sex Crimes - Human Trafficking Enforcement Team secured an arrest warrant for Peter Nygard, 80, of Winnipeg.
It is alleged that:
- between October 1987 and November 1987, a man forcibly confined and sexually assaulted a woman,
- between November 1988 and February 1989, a man forcibly confined and sexually assaulted a woman,
- on December 3, 1989, a man sexually assaulted a woman
- between April 1988 and September 1988, a man forcibly confined and sexually assaulted a woman,
- between January 2005 and March 2005, a man forcibly confined and sexually assaulted a woman
- between November 2005 and March 2006, a man sexually assaulted a woman
Upon arrest, he will be charged with:
1. Six counts of Sexual Assault
2. Three counts of Forcible Confinement
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-4838, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook. Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
A sexual assault is any form of unwanted sexual contact. It includes, but is not limited to, kissing, grabbing, oral sex and penetration. To learn more about sexual assault, including how to report a sexual assault, please visit our Sex Crimes website.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca
Meaghan Gray, Corporate Communications, for Detective Sergeant David Correa, Sex Crimes - Human Trafficking Enforcement Team