Don Mills Road and Graydon Hall Drive area,
Broadcast time: 08:00
Date: Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Unit: 33 Division
Case #: 2021-1913198
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in a stabbing investigation.
On Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at 1:41 p.m., police responded to reports of a stabbing at a school in the Don Mills Road and Graydon Hall Drive area.
It is reported that:
- a 16-year-old boy was walking in the hallway at school when he was approached by a 15-year-old boy
- a verbal confrontation took place that escalated into a physical altercation
- the 16-year-old boy suffered a single stab wound to his torso
- the boy made his way to hospital where he is currently in stable condition
- the suspect fled the area and was arrested by police a short time later
A 15-year-old boy has been charged with:
1. Carry Concealed Weapon
2. Aggravated Assault
3. Assault with a Weapon
4. Weapons Dangerous
He will appear in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 10 a.m., room 206.
***Please refer to Section 110, Subsection 1, of the YCJA:
110. (1) Subject to this section, no person shall publish the name of a young person, or any other information related to a young person, if it would identify the young person as a young person dealt with under this Act.***
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3300, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Bryant Trotman, 33 Division