Police request assistance with the identification of a suspicious motor vehicle,
Wellington Street West and University Avenue area
Broadcast time: 10:10
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1936756
The Toronto Police Service is requesting public assistance with the identification of a suspicious vehicle.
On Friday, October 8, 2021 at approximately 7:12 p.m., police received a report of a personal injury collision involving a pedestrian and a motor vehicle at the intersection of Wellington Street West and University Avenue, in the City of Toronto.
It is reported that:
- 36-year-old female was crossing from the southwest corner to the southeast corner at Wellington Street West and University Avenue.
- a motor vehicle was travelling westbound on Wellington Street West and made a left turn onto southbound University Avenue.
- the motor vehicle struck the female.
- the female was transported to hospital with serious injuries.
- the motor vehicle fled southbound on University Avenue.
The vehicle is described as black or dark blue, 4 door SUV.
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, business and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Edward Parks, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Andy Sims, Traffic Services