Fatal Collision #41 and #42/2021,
Parkside Drive and Spring Road area
Broadcast time: 08:30
Date: Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-1961568
The Toronto Police Service is informing the public of a fatal collision.
On Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at 4:40 p.m., officers responded to a call for a collision in the Parkside Drive and Spring Road area.
It is reported that:
- a 38-year-old man was driving a 2013 BMW 320i southbound on Parkside Drive near Spring Road at a high rate of speed
- the driver of the BMW 320i collided with a 2003 Toyota Matrix which then created a chain reaction multi-vehicle crash with three other motor vehicles
- as a result of the collision, the driver of the Toyota Matrix - a 71-year-old man - was pronounced deceased at the scene
- the passenger in the Toyota Matrix - a 69-year-old woman - was transported to hospital where she succumbed to her injuries
- the driver of the BMW 320i was transported to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, business and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Andy Sims, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services