2021 Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon 10K,
Sunday, October 17, 2021,
Broadcast time: 09:00
Date: Thursday, October 14, 2021
Unit: Public Safety - Major Events
On Sunday, October 17, 2021, Canada Running Series Inc. will be hosting the annual Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon event. The marathon, half marathon and 5K run will be virtual. The 2021 in-person event will only consist of a 10K run.
Road closures will be in effect from 4 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., and will impact traffic movement. Motorists can expect delays and are encouraged to use alternative routes, if possible.
The following roads will be closed:
- Lakeshore Boulevard West will be fully closed (east and west) from Bathurst Street to Windermere Avenue
- access to the Boulevard Club, Royal Canadian Legion, and Toronto Argonaut Rowing Club shall be provided using the eastbound curb lane on Lakeshore Boulevard West from Windermere Avenue to Oarsman Drive
- access to HMCS York, Coronation Park, and Ontario Place shall be provided from Stadium Road across Remembrance Drive
- Fort York Boulevard will be fully closed between Fleet Street and Lakeshore Boulevard West
- Strachan Avenue will be fully closed between Fleet Street and Lakeshore Boulevard West
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Constable Brenda Norrmalm, Public Safety-Major Events