Personal Injury Collision #53/2021,
Westlake Avenue, south of Lumsden Avenue
Broadcast time: 10:00
Date: Monday, November 8, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-2145567
On Sunday, November 7, 2021, at approximately 3:20 p.m., police received a radio call for a pedestrian struck just south of the intersection of Westlake Avenue and Lumsden Avenue.
It is reported that:
- a 58-year-old man was driving a black GMC Terrain southbound on Westlake Avenue, proceeding through the intersection of Lumsden Avenue
- a 64-year-old woman was crossing from the west side to the east side of Westlake Avenue south of Lumsden Avenue
- she was struck by the vehicle travelling southbound
- the woman was taken to hospital with life-threatening head injuries
- the driver of the vehicle remained on scene
The investigation is ongoing by Traffic Services. Police are interested in speaking to anyone who may have witnessed the collision, local residents, businesses or drivers who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Detective Graeme Philipson, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services