Fatal Collision #50/2021,
Don Valley Parkway at Dundas Street East
Broadcast time: 14:55
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-2183788
On Friday, November 12, 2021, at 8:32 p.m., officers responded to a call for a collision on the Don Valley Parkway at Dundas Street East.
it is reported that:
- a 28-year-old man was operating a 2008 Dodge Caravan southbound on the Don Valley Parkway
- the driver of the Dodge struck a 34-year-old man who was walking on the roadway
- the pedestrian was pronounced deceased at the scene
- the driver of the Dodge remained on scene and is cooperating with the investigation
Shortly before the fatal collision, at 8:27 p.m., officers attended a call for an unknown trouble, in the area of Dundas Street East and Carroll Street.
It was reported that:
- a man stole a vehicle, and was involved in multiple collisions
- the man fled the area and was last seen walking onto the Don Valley Parkway
The suspect involved in this incident is believed to be the deceased in the fatal collision.
This is an ongoing and active investigation by members of Traffic Services.
Investigators are asking anyone who witnessed these events, or who were in the area at the time, and have video surveillance or dash-cam footage to contact police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Scott Matthews, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services