Man arrested at police station,
Molotov cocktail and knives seized
Broadcast time: 12:02
Date: Thursday, December 23, 2021
Unit: 53 Division
Case #: 2021-2454886
The Toronto Police Service has arrested a man after he allegedly tried to get inside a police station with dangerous weapons including a Molotov cocktail.
The incident occurred at approximately 10:35 a.m., on Tuesday, December 21, 2021, at 53 Division.
It is alleged:
- a man tried to access the station through the main doors but was unable to as the building is closed to the public due to COVID
- the man then went to the rear lot of the station and approached an officer in their scout car
- he falsely claimed he was wanted by police and he was turning himself in
- he indicated to the officer that he had a firearm on him
- he was detained by the officer and searched
- the search uncovered a starter pistol and knife in his jacket pockets
- he was arrested and a further search of his belongings uncovered knives, a Molotov cocktail, matches and a lighter
- no one was injured
Edward Zilberman, 20, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Mischief Interfere with Property
2. Possession of Weapon, Dangerous to Public Peace
3. Possession of Weapon, Dangerous to Public Peace
4. Possession of Weapon, Dangerous to Public Peace
5. Possession of Incendiary Material for Arson
6. Carry Concealed Weapon
7. Carry Concealed Weapon
8. Carry Concealed Weapon
He is scheduled to appear at court on Thursday, February 3, at College Park, 2021, at 10 a.m., in room 505.
This remains an active investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Constable William Mitchell#11214
at 416-808-5347, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable William Mitchell, 53 Division