Suspects to be identified in a Shooting Investigation,
Yonge Street and Dundas Street East,
Images and video released
Broadcast time: 07:00
Date: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Unit: Organized Crime Enforcement
Case #: 2021-2391786
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance in a shooting investigation.
On Sunday, December 12, 2021, at approximately 2 a.m., police responded to a call for a shooting in the area of Yonge Street and Dundas Street East.
It is reported that:
- two men walked westbound on Dundas Street East where they approached a group of individuals who were standing in the Yonge Street and Dundas Street East area
- the two men attempted to rob the group of individuals and a physical struggle ensued
- one of the men discharged a firearm, striking a victim in the chest
- both men fled on foot eastbound on Dundas Street East
- prior to the shooting, the two men entered a gas station convenience store in the area
Investigators are asking for the public's assistance identifying the suspects. Images and video have been released.
See video here.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-2510, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable Stevan Tanouye, Organized Crime Enforcement