Arrest made in Firearm Investigation,
Daniel Lightowler, 39
Broadcast time: 18:00
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Unit: 14 Division
Case #: 2022-61922
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a firearm investigation.
On Monday, January 10, 2022, in the area of Queen Street East and Leslie Street police commenced a firearm investigation.
It is alleged that:
- search warrants were executed on a vehicle and at an address, with the assistance of the Emergency Task Force, Police Dog Services and Public Safety Response Team
- airsoft guns and a crossbow were located
- five explosive devices were located. Two of them were homemade.
On Monday, January 10, 2022, Daniel Lightowler, 39, of Toronto was arrested. He is charged with:
1. eighteen counts of possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order
2. two counts of Possession of explosive device
3. Possession of a prohibited weapon
4. Carry concealed weapon
He is to appear in court room at Old City Hall on Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1400, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Detective Darren Worth, 14 Division-Major Crime Unit