Central Paid Duty Office
40 College Street, Toronto, ON , M5G 2J3
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00 to 20:00
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
- 10:00 to 17:00
Friday, December 22 08:00 – 17:00
Sunday, December 24 10:00 – 14:00
Monday, December 25 CLOSED
Tuesday, December 26 09:30 – 18:00
Friday, December 29 08:00 – 17:00
Sunday, December 31 10:00 – 14:00
Monday, January 1, 2018 CLOSED
CPDO will resume regular business hours on January 2, 2018.
Effective August 1, 2017, all wide load permits issued in the City of Toronto will cease to require Paid Duty policing escorts.
Instead, Toronto Transportation permits will mandate the requirement for a licensed "pilot vehicle”. This “pilot vehicle” is to be provided by the trucking service company. The City does, however, reserve the right to impose paid duty requirements in exceptional circumstances.
IMPORTANT UPDATES: June 8, 2016
CUSTOMERS PLEASE REVIEW IMPORTANT NOTICE BELOW
- Security Paid Duties:
- Paid Duty Request Form and Payment MUST be received by the Central Paid Duty Office minimum TWO WEEKS prior to the date of event. Payment as per Terms of Agreement.
- Traffic Paid Duties:
- Paid Duty Request Form, MUST be received by the Central Paid Duty Office 5 DAYS prior to date of event. A copy of the appropriate permit MUST be submitted (if permit is required) with each paid duty request. Incomplete paperwork will not be processed. Payment as per Terms of Agreement.
- Specialty Units:
- For requests requiring special skills such as PET/PETA, Mounted Unit and Police Dog Unit, ensure you calculate at the Sergeant rank for payment purposes for the duration of the paid duty as per Terms of Agreement.
- New Customers:
- The submission of a TPS 743 – “Request for New Customer Account” must be received FOUR (4) WEEKS prior to the event date as per the Terms of Agreement.
*New* PAID DUTY REQUESTS/PAPERWORK RECEIVED AFTER 14:00 HOURS WILL BE PROCESSED NEXT BUSINESS DAY (CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE STILL APPLY)
Scheduling a Paid Duty
Off-duty police officers are available for hire to provide police presence for a range of functions:
- Traffic control;
- Funeral Escorts;
- Escorts for wide/oversized loads;
- Film Shoots;
- Security at Sporting Events/Concerts, Weddings/Banquets, Community and School Events.
The following are the prohibited functions for which a paid duty will NOT be performed:
- On behalf of an employer or union in relation to a labour dispute;
- At a function likely to promote a confrontation between participating groups, including, but not limited to annual general meetings,
Hearings, Termination of employee(s) by an employer, protests and get belongings; and/or;
- As a body guard service.
The following types of paid duties will not generally be performed:
In extraordinary circumstances, please forward your request to Central Paid Duty Office.
- Escort or security of money;
- Escort or security of valuables;
- Paid duties in plainclothes; and
- Events for political parties or politicians.