Central Paid Duty Office
40 College Street, Toronto, ON , M5G 2J3
Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday
- 08:00 to 20:00
- Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
- 10:00 to 17:00
Effective March 1, 2017, paid duty officers will no longer provide "traffic points" for funeral processions.
Funeral homes may request paid duty officers to perform a funeral escort. However, the ability of the
Toronto Police Service to fill the paid duty request is subject to the availability of officers and police vehicles.
IMPORTANT UPDATES: June 8, 2016
CUSTOMERS PLEASE REVIEW IMPORTANT NOTICE BELOW
- Security Paid Duties:
- Paid Duty Request Form and Payment MUST be received by the Central Paid Duty Office minimum TWO WEEKS prior to the date of event. Payment as per Terms of Agreement.
- Traffic Paid Duties:
- Paid Duty Request Form, MUST be received by the Central Paid Duty Office 5 DAYS prior to date of event. A copy of the appropriate permit MUST be submitted (if permit is required) with each paid duty request. Incomplete paperwork will not be processed. Payment as per Terms of Agreement.
- Specialty Units:
- For requests requiring special skills such as PET/PETA, Mounted Unit and Police Dog Unit, ensure you calculate at the Sergeant rank for payment purposes for the duration of the paid duty as per Terms of Agreement.
- New Customers:
- The submission of a TPS 743 – “Request for New Customer Account” must be received FOUR (4) WEEKS prior to the event date as per the Terms of Agreement.
*New* PAID DUTY REQUESTS/PAPERWORK RECEIVED AFTER 14:00 HOURS WILL BE PROCESSED NEXT BUSINESS DAY (CONDITIONS STATED ABOVE STILL APPLY)
Scheduling a Paid Duty
Off-duty police officers are available for hire to provide police presence for a range of functions:
- Traffic control;
- Funeral Escorts;
- Escorts for wide/oversized loads;
- Film Shoots;
- Security at Sporting Events/Concerts, Weddings/Banquets, Community and School Events.
The following are the prohibited functions for which a paid duty will NOT be performed:
- On behalf of an employer or union in relation to a labour dispute;
- At a function likely to promote a confrontation between participating groups, including, but not limited to annual general meetings,
Hearings, Termination of employee(s) by an employer, protests and get belongings; and/or;
- As a body guard service.
The following types of paid duties will not generally be performed:
In extraordinary circumstances, please forward your request to Central Paid Duty Office.
- Escort or security of money;
- Escort or security of valuables;
- Paid duties in plainclothes; and
- Events for political parties or politicians.