How do I become a Toronto Police officer?
The following points outline the process for becoming a police constable with the Toronto Police Service
- Obtain an OACP Certificate of Results from www.OACPCertificate.ca
- Complete medical forms with appropriate physicians for hearing and vision standards (Forms available from www.OACPCertificate.ca)
- Complete an ongoing fitness log; logs from the most current two-weeks may be requested at any time (Forms available from www.OACPCertificate.ca)
- Submit Toronto Police Service online application
- Pre-Background Questionnaire (PBQ) and written Local Focus Interview (LFI)
- Complete the Leger 20m Shuttle Run, obtaining a minimum of Level 7
- Blended Interview (in-person Essential Competency Interview (ECI) and Local Focus Interview (LFI))
- Complete the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory (MMPI-2)
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Assessment
- Conditional Offer of Employment Pending Medical Examination
- Cadet-in-Training at the Ontario Police College
Please be advised that the process for becoming a Police Constable is competitive and as such, an applicant may be declined at any stage of the process.
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please contact a member of the recruiting section.