Man arrested in retail robbery investigation,
Bathurst Street and Dundas Street West area,
Kevin Dasilva, 35
Broadcast time: 11:00
Date: Friday, April 9, 2021
Unit: Hold Up
Case #: 2021-611411
The Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a retail robbery investigation.
On Saturday, April 3, 2021, officers responded to a call for a retail store robbery in the Bathurst Street and Dundas Street West area.
It is alleged that:
- a man entered the store and asked an employee for assistance
- the man pulled out a knife and pointed it at the employee
- the man jumped over the counter and began to struggle with the employee
- the man threatened to cut the employee who then backed away from the cash register
- the man took a quantity of cash and fled on foot
Hold Up Squad investigators commenced an investigation and identified a man.
On Thursday, April 8, 2021, Kevin Dasilva, 35, of no fixed address, was arrested. He is facing the following three charges:
1. Robbery with Offensive Weapon
2. Disguise with Intent
3. two counts of Fail to Comply Court Order
He is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall, on Friday, April 9, 2021, at 10 a.m., in room 101.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Jenifferjit Sidhu, Corporate Communications, for Acting Inspector Shawn Getty, Hold-Up