Traffic Fatality #40/2020,
Kennedy Road and Sheppard Avenue East,
Broadcast time: 10:15
Date: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2020-2450003
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest made in an ongoing fatal traffic investigation.
On Wednesday, December 30, 2020, at 5:20 p.m., police received a report of a personal injury collision between a vehicle and a pedestrian at Kennedy Road and Sheppard Avenue East.
It is alleged that:
- a 56-year-old man was crossing from the north east corner to the north west corner of Kennedy Road and Sheppard Avenue East
- a dark coloured sedan was travelling eastbound on Sheppard Avenue East, turning left to go northbound on Kennedy Road
- the vehicle struck the pedestrian in the crosswalk
- the pedestrian succumbed to their injuries at the scene
- the vehicle failed to remain at the scene
Investigators would like to thank the public for their assistance.
On Tuesday, April 20, 2021, a man was arrested.
David Hsing, 72, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Fail to Stop at scene of an accident cause death
2. Causing death by criminal negligence
3. Obstruct Justice
He will appear at Toronto East court on Monday, May 31, 2021, at 2 p.m., courtroom 407.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Zeeshan Dhukai, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services