Public Safety Alert,
Broadcast time: 21:45
Date: Sunday, May 2, 2021
Unit: 11 Division
Case #: 2021-777537
The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of two suspicious incidents that occurred on Sunday, April 25, 2021, in the Bloor Street West and Runnymede Road area.
It is reported that:
- a girl was in the Bloor Street West and Runnymede Road area at 11:30 a.m.
- a man driving a car approached the girl
- the man offered the girl a beverage
- the girl left the area and notified an adult
- at 1:15 p.m., another girl was jogging on Runnymede Road
- a car pulled up beside the girl, pacing her as she ran
- the girl was able to run away
At this time, no criminal offence is alleged to have been committed, however, investigators would like to make the public aware and identify the man driving the vehicle.
The vehicle involved in both occurrences is described as a dark blue, 4-door car.
The driver is described as male, 20-30 years old, with brown shoulder length hair. He was wearing a red hoodie, and had a black face mask.
Police are reminding the public to remain vigilant of suspicious vehicles in their neighbourhoods and report anything suspicious to police.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Laura Brabant, Corporate Communications, for Detective Louie Bogles, 11 Division