Attempted Child Abduction Investigation,
Roberto Armando Vasquez, 47, facing two charges
Broadcast time: 16:30
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Unit: 51 Division
Case #: 2021-747669
The Toronto Police Service has arrested a man in an attempted child abduction investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, April 23, 2020, at approximately 5:40 p.m., a 12-year-old girl was walking in The Esplanade and Lower Jarvis Street area
- she was approached by an unknown man
- the man asked her personal questions such as where she lived and her age
- the man then requested that she go with him
- she declined his offer
Officers are actively investigating this case and on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, Roberto Armando Vasquez, 47, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with:
1. Abduct person under 14 years old
2. Criminal Harassment
He appeared in court virtually at College Park Courts on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 2 p.m., room 507.
His photograph has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Caroline de Kloet, Corporate Communications, for Detective Constable James Angco, 51 Division – Youth Bureau