Personal Injury Collision #14/2021,
Kenneth Avenue and McKee Avenue
Broadcast time: 09:15
Date: Friday, May 21, 2021
Unit: Traffic Services
Case #: 2021-936048
Members of Traffic Services are investigating a collision where a man suffered life-threatening injuries.
On Thursday, May 20, 2021, police received a report of a collision involving a car and an electric scooter in the Kenneth Avenue and McKee Avenue area.
It is reported that:
- a 37-year-old man was driving a Honda Civic northbound on Kenneth Avenue
- a 42-year-old man was riding an electric scooter northbound on Kenneth Avenue. A 12-year-old girl was following behind him on a bicycle
- the man riding the scooter stopped on the roadway and the girl stopped beside him, closer to the curb
- the man driving the Honda Civic continued northbound, did not stop, and struck the man on the scooter
- the man was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries
- the driver of the Honda remained on scene and was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries
- the 12-year-old girl was not injured
The investigation is ongoing by members of Traffic Services.
Police are asking local residents, businesses, and drivers, who may have security or dash camera footage of the area or incident, to contact investigators.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-1900, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play.
For more news, visit TPSnews.ca.
Constable Alex Li, Corporate Communications, for Detective Zeeshan Dhukai, Traffic Services, for Superintendent Scott Baptist, Traffic Services